Business Development Manager, Powder Handling
Powder Process-Solutions is a cutting-edge provider of powder handling systems, which includes engineering, design, installation, automation, start-up and turnkey solutions for the food and dairy industry. We are currently looking for a candidate with an interest in providing Quality, Cost-effective, Food processing solutions to match the needs of our customers.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to generate powder handling opportunities in the food, dairy and nutritional industry markets. In this role, you will introduce our powder handling capabilities to our existing and new customers.
By working with Key Account Teams, you will identify opportunities with existing customers and knock on doors to introduce Powder Process-Solutions to new customers. This is an exciting new role for the North American market & will be ideal for a technical sales professional looking for their next challenge.
- Execute the business development plan to build sales and profitability of powder handling solutions
- Lead the analysis of the powder solutions potential and service opportunity at account level
- Generate leads, prospect for new customers and develop relationships with the end goal of closing sales
- Develop an understanding of customers’ needs, by conducting a process analysis, to deliver suitable powder handling solutions in a pre-sales consulting plan
- Assist in bidding work, including review of pricing, quotations and contract formulation
- Stay abreast of new technology and market trends
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, report root causes of deviations and lead recovery plans
- Lead the analysis of market trends, competitors’ situation and customer needs
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Science or a related discipline is required
- At least 5 years of technical business development/sales/account management experience in food, dairy, nutritional or related industry
- Be self-driven and able to work autonomously
- Be a strong “hunter” with a focus to uncover new business opportunities
- Be a consultative and clear communicator
- Have demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and close deals
- Able to travel about 50% of the time
Please send resume and cover letter to: Humanresources@powder-solutions.com.