Job Title: Sales Engineer
Department: PPS Sales
Reports To: Sales Director
Basic Work Schedule: Monday- Friday
Education, Prior Work Experience,
Specialized Skill or Knowledge:
- 3-5 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to gain a clear understanding of pneumatic and mechanical conveying systems
- Experience with process sales
- Experience in both estimating and project management
- Computer savvy, with efficient clerical skills
- Self-motivated with proven track record growing and developing accounts
- Organized and analytical
- Strong technical communication, persuasion and presentation skills
- Active listener
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Must be able to manage the demands of a full time salaried position
- Must excel at multi-tasking and be able to work on Multiple Deals at one time
- Must have experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work within a process plant, including but not limited to climbing stairs, ladders, and working on elevated platforms
- Office Equipment: copier, fax, printer, phone
- Computer: CRM system (HubSpot), Windows – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and MS Project, Drawing viewers
- Common measuring and hand tools: Tape measure, ruler, caliper, plumb bob, level, etc.
- To support the growth of the PPS business by accessing the needs of our customers in depth and presenting the best solutions.
- Combine what we have to offer to determine the best quality, cost effective solution that will provide the customer value.
Customer Relationships and Management
- Interface directly with customers; nurture existing relationships.
- Qualify opportunities to confirm they are a good fit for PPS and the customer.
- Utilize visits to site to recommend improved materials or equipment that will lower costs or increase productivity.
- Accurately access the customer needs with effective discovery to ensure the solution presented will solve them.
- Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Receive and process customer request for quotes: design, sketch, estimates, technical, calculations
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers, prospective customers, and employees.
- Continually solicit for customer satisfaction. Meet or exceed customer expectations in terms of quality of product and service delivered.
- Participate at conferences, trade shows, or other events as required.
- Collaborate with sales team to understand customer requirements, promote products, and provide sales support.
- As needed assist project team with technical information/communication to complete the project.
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally with all departments within the organization.
- Be prepared and actively participate in team meetings and 1:1s.
- Develop rapport and strong working relationships within the organization including the Sales Director and the sales team.
- Support Sr. Sales Engineers as needed
Process and Workflow
- Responsible for providing a complete proposal to the customer: to include accurate description of equipment, specifications, technical data, pricing, applicable discounts, terms and conditions, site services, and any exclusions.
- Follow up on all proposals and document the findings.
- Upon receipt of customer purchase order confirm accuracy and process accordingly.
- Compile items necessary for the customer orders to be processed as a project and pass onto the project team.
- Process change order requests from customers.
- Assist with the process of getting equipment design to the template/standard stage.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and constructively make suggestions for that improvement
- Update CRM system, recording all sales activity.
- Be involved in assuring that you are working safe and free from known health and safety hazards.
Sales Growth and Pipeline Management
- Achieve or exceed yearly Sales Budget.
- Manage to monthly goals for activity level expectations.
- Proactively manage opportunities in the pipeline.
- Actively seek new opportunities within existing customer base to fill pipeline with enough volume to deliver on Sales Budget.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product line developments.
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
About Powder Process
Powder-Solutions Group, established in 2010, is the parent company of Powder-Solutions, Inc. and Powder Process- Solutions. Our corporate office is located outside of Minneapolis in Chanhassen, Minnesota, USA. Powder-Solutions Group is the single point of contact for all your bulk powder handling needs. PSG focuses on innovative technology solutions for safety and efficiency. Premium quality bulk powder handling systems and components are our expertise. By bringing together two companies under one Group, we are able to better serve our customers by supplying all of the bulk powder handling solutions from start to finish.