Project Manager/Project Engineer Position Description
Powder Process-Solutions is a cutting-edge provider of powder handling systems, which includes Engineering, design, installation, automation, start-up and turnkey solutions for the food and dairy industry. We are currently looking for a candidate with an interest in providing Quality, Cost-effective, Food processing solutions to match the needs of our customers.
The role of the Project Manager/Engineer is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to Customer specifications, deadlines, Quality requirements and within budget.
- Review customer specifications and insure that system design, drawings, equipment specifications and parts list meet these requirements.
- Verify correct parts, quantities and materials are listed in the project parts data base for each job.
- Verify Parts data base and drawing Bill of Materials match for each job.
- Create requisitions for ordering all material, equipment, and miscellaneous parts necessary to complete the project.
- Review drawings for overall conformance to the customer’s order; confirm fit with mating equipment, equipment access, maintenance access, ergonomics, etc.
- Coordinate with drafting the transmittal of necessary documents to the customer and external resources.
- Insure flow of information between customer, engineering, sales and drafting.
- Coordinate project control and electrical work between customer, electrical engineering and outside supplier.
- Review customers commented drawings and determine how to proceed.
- Size and specify system components and produce technically correct equipment specifications for purchasing.
- Attend meetings with clients on an as needed basis.
- As needed perform field work for system installation, start-up, trouble shooting and training.
- Confirm all as built changes and coordinate with drafting to have the documents revised.
- On an on-going basis update the project files with the proper documentation.
- Act as the primary contact and mediator between the client and our company on a regular basis, communicate effectively with client to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Address client changes keeping in mind schedule and cost. Manage client expectations.
- Responsible for timely submittal of all document deliverables.
- Coordinate material receipt, assembly of equipment and shipping of all equipment to customer.
- Work with Purchasing to obtain best cost for purchased items. Assure project stays on budget.
- Efficiently and competently manage problems. If things go off plan bring them back on plan or create a new workable plan.
- Produce the Sequence of Operations Document for each job if required. (Process Functional Description)
- Coordinate the completion of the Functional Instructions Document for the job if needed.
- Develop, Maintain and Implement a Project Execution plan using MS Project, include milestones and deliverables.
- Assure Customer is invoiced according to plan and provide back up data at contractual milestones.
- Ensure all project information is complete, current and appropriately archived at the end of each project. Create recommendation report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and constructively make suggestions for that improvement.
- Value your personal development and remain on the forefront of emerging technology in fields relating to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Food Science Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in an Engineering capacity preferably related to the Food and Dairy industry.
- Expertise in management of projects involving complex process systems
- High level of Organizational Skills as well as Scheduling and Cost analysis experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to work in high pressure environment.
- Ability to read and interpret a drawing set: Mechanical, Architectural, Control, Process, Piping
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to Travel 40% of the time
- Must excel at multi-tasking and be able to work on Multiple Projects at one time
- Must have experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work beyond the basic work hours when needed
- Must be able to work with tools when needed
- Must be able to work within a process plant, including but not limited to climbing stairs, ladders, and working on elevated platforms
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. as well as bend, twist, turn, push, pull
- Ability to hear different noise tones to access operational issues
- Produce technically correct projects that meet the quoted Customer requirements on time and on budget.
- Meet or exceed client expectations in terms of quality of product and service delivered.
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
About Powder Process
Powder-Solutions Group, established in 2010, is the parent company of Powder-Solutions, Inc. and Powder Process- Solutions. Our corporate office is located outside of Minneapolis in Chanhassen, Minnesota, USA. Powder-Solutions Group is the single point of contact for all your bulk powder handling needs. PSG focuses on innovative technology solutions for safety and efficiency. Premium quality bulk powder handling systems and components are our expertise. By bringing together two companies under one Group, we are able to better serve our customers by supplying all of the bulk powder handling solutions from start to finish.