Job Title: Parts Specialist
Basic Work Schedule: Monday- Friday between 8:00-5:00
Education, Prior Work Experience,
Specialized Skill or Knowledge:
- 1-2 yrs. previous Customer service experience
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Product knowledge of Pneumatic conveying
- Excellent Problem Solving and Math skills
- Good Listening as well as excellent verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
- Ability to spend 8 hours a day on the phone and sitting at a desk
- Must excel at multi-tasking and be able to work on Multiple Projects at one time
- Must have experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work beyond the basic work hours when neede
- Office Equipment: copier, fax, printer
- Computer: Windows – Word, Excel, Outlook, Sage 100, CAD Drawing
- Serve customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service questions and providing spare and replacement parts for PPS systems.
- Prepare necessary quotes for customer part requests. Requests could be via phone, fax, or email. Making sure to include lead-times.
- Prepare sales order and packing slips for all outgoing parts orders.
- Confirm necessary purchase orders back to the customer, making sure to verify payment terms and pricing is accurate.
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions, suggesting information about other products and services.
- Open customer accounts by recording necessary account information.
- Maintain customer records by updating account information.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Read catalogs, manuals, and review drawings in order to determine replacement part number and price.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspection of old parts, customer requests, or customers description of malfunction.
- Fill customer orders from stock when possible or order necessary part from appropriate supplier.
- Properly price any non-stock customer requested parts. e.: markup equals 50%
- Advice customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Periodically check to make sure orders are going out in a reasonable amount of time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and constructively make suggestions for that improvement.
- Value your personal development and remain on the forefront of emerging technology in fields relating to this position.
- Observe safety and security policies and procedures; determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and material properly.
- Meet or exceed client expectations in terms of quality of product and service delivered.
- Within 24 hours of receipt of request, get back to the customer with a response.
- Sales orders calculated will make a fair profit.
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
About Powder Process
Powder-Solutions Group, established in 2010, is the parent company of Powder-Solutions, Inc. and Powder Process- Solutions. Our corporate office is located outside of Minneapolis in Chanhassen, Minnesota, USA. Powder-Solutions Group is the single point of contact for all your bulk powder handling needs. PSG focuses on innovative technology solutions for safety and efficiency. Premium quality bulk powder handling systems and components are our expertise. By bringing together two companies under one Group, we are able to better serve our customers by supplying all of the bulk powder handling solutions from start to finish.