Screw conveyors are used for the mechanical transfer of powder by using either shafted or shaftless helixes rotating inside of a trough or tube. This puts force against the product as it is being rotated so the powder can be moved and controlled by varying the speed of the helixes rotation.
At Powder Process-Solutions, we have screw conveyor designs that come in various sizes and styles that can be customized to fit your bulk powder processing needs and reduce powder leakage overall in your plant.
Features and Benefits:
- Incline transfer over short distances
- Horizontal transfer over long distances
- Large bulk silo discharges
- Flush drop-bottom cleanout doors for ease of both inspection and sanitation
- Available in multiple weld and surface finishes
- Tube, U-trough and flared U-trough body designs
- USDA/Dairy accepted demountable designs
- Direct, belt, and chain drive options
- Standard, variable and conical pitch helixes
If you’re interested in getting more information on how Powder Process-Solutions can assist you with your powder processing needs, please contact us today.