The mechanical transfer of powder is sometimes done with screw conveyors. Powder Process-Solutions can provide a properly designed solution. Our designs are available in a variety of sizes and styles customized to fit your process needs.
A typical screw conveyor utilizes a shafted or shaftless helix rotating inside a tube or trough, imparting force against product as it rotates. Product is transferred and discharged in a controlled manner as the helix starts/stops or varies in speed.
Advantages of Screw Conveyors
Screw conveyors are one of the more cost-effective means of mechanically conveying bulk powder materials. There are many materials, configurations, and design elements that can gently move your products from point A to point B.
Feature and Benefits:
- Discharge of large bulk silos
- Long distance horizontal transfer
- Short distance incline transfer
- Standard pitch, variable pitch and conical pitch helix
- Tube, U-trough, and flared U-trough body designs
- Direct drive, belt drive, and chain drive options
- Available in many surface and weld finishes
- Flush drop-bottom cleanout doors for ease of sanitation and inspection
- Demountable designs, including USDA/Dairy accepted
Powder Process-Solutions has other mechanical conveying solutions. Learn more.
Contact Us Today
If you’re interested in getting more information on how Powder Process-Solutions can assist you with your powder processing needs, please contact us today.