A typical screw conveyor utilizes a shafted or shaftless helix rotating inside a tube or trough, imparting force against product as it rotates. Product is transferred and discharged in a controlled manner as the helix starts/stops or varies in speed.
Feature and Benefits:
- Discharge of large bulk silos
- Long distance horizontal transfer
- Short distance incline transfer
- Standard pitch, variable pitch and conical pitch helix
- Tube, U-trough, and flared U-trough body designs
- Direct drive, belt drive, and chain drive options
- Available in many surface and weld finishes
- Flush drop-bottom cleanout doors for ease of sanitation and inspection
- Demountable designs, including USDA/Dairy accepted
Powder Process-Solutions has other mechanical conveying solutions. Learn more.